Cute Chick Pics!!! What are they??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SportTees, Apr 30, 2009.

1. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

Penguin
    [​IMG]

Blondy
    [​IMG]

Gray
    [​IMG]

Feather Feet 1
    [​IMG]

Feather Feet 2
    [​IMG]

Gama
    [​IMG]

Thanks

2. Guwisti

Guwisti Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    Van Buren, AR
    The bottom pic is a Welsummer. And the one above that looks like either silver laced wyandotte or silver penciled wyandotte.

3. TackyBlue

TackyBlue New Egg

Apr 4, 2009
    feather feet 1 & 2 and blondie look like they could be bantams?

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  4. TackyBlue

TackyBlue New Egg

Apr 4, 2009
    or just rlly mixed up, i got chickens with fluffy bantam heads but the rest of it looks like a normal chicken. Btw, the first 1 looks like a duck [​IMG]

5. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Okay, I think the last pic is an oegb (black-breasted red), the picture above I would say cochins due to the amt. of feathering (can't be wyandottes b/c of the feathered legs, unless they're mixed I guess). I think the other feather-footed chicks are cochins as well. Not sure on the second pic and for some reason I can't see the first.

6. SportTees

I think they may be bantams because they are staying small compared to the others. They should be pure breed - I got them at TSC on clearance so they didn't mark them as bantam or anything

7. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
  8. SportTees

Quote:I have been leaning toward them being Cochins from researching. These are my first feather feet chicks and DH thinks the feathers on their feet look gross [​IMG]

9. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

I would be purely guessing but blondy has the same type of leg feathers as the d'Uccles chicks I have. Not sure if that is what they call vulture hocks (the feathers that come off the back of their knees and point straight down) but only a couple of breeds have them and the d'Uccles are one of them. If it was to be a d'Uccle I would guess the color is the Mille Fleur because I don't think the spots show up until after they molt off the juvenile feathers or at some later time.

I also have some Silver Laced Rocks that look like your Feather Feet #2s but mine don't have the feathered feet but the coloring looks the same. So if Wyandottes have feathered feet then I would agree with Guwisti.

I must say they are some good looking babies. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

ETA: I also thought blondy could be a faverolle. Check how many toes. I think faverolles have 5 toes instead of 4.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  10. SportTees

Quote:I didn't think about counting toes - Thank you

I looked at the d-uccles nice birds , it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she ended up being one of those.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by