Cute chick with new diaper. NO more poo on the floor! Chick breed?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lovemychix, Apr 14, 2009.

1. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    This is my daughters little chick. She's been bugging me to get her a diaper made but have been pretty busy making everyone elses diapers. [​IMG] She got her little dinky diaper for her chick today and was pretty happy. The chick ran all over the house and I didn't have to worry about her pooing. The funny thing is that when we took it off she hadn't even done anything. Any other time she poos. [​IMG] That is hubby in the background not very happy. He doesn't like chickens in the house. [​IMG]

Also any input on what this is? We got it as Assorted Bantam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Aww how cute. We did the diaper thing but she hated it!! Thank god for hardwood floors and the swiffer wet jet!!
    Could she be a d"Uccle?

3. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    She fought this one for a few minutes and was fine. I wish I had hardwood. [​IMG]

I was thinking they were d'uccle too. I have a whitish grey one too.

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Porceline d'Uccle? Oh you lucky lady! We had to pay thru the nose just for hatching eggs! She's a cutie though. Our Buff Orpington could take her diaper off in minutes so we gave up. Since we got rid of our roo she has been re-introduced beck to the flock with no problems!

5. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I thought they were cochins when we bought them. I'm glad they are d'uccles. I already have cochins so something different is nice.

6. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

She's a sweet Mille Fleur d'Uccle pullet! You're lucky you have a girl. My roo is the meanest thing. [​IMG] Very pretty breed, though. And yes, your White-ish grey is a Porcelin d'Uccle. (That's spelt wrong.)

7. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    These were straight run and I believe I got two pullets. We just had to get some bantams. I need to post a pic of my other one. She has fluffy feathers under her beak.

8. starless825

starless825 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2009
    Portland area
    How is the diaper hooked on? haha

I really want to have one, because I want to let my chicks run in the house. Right now I put on an old sweater and they practice flying from a small table (about 1 1/2 feet high) to my shoulder and then I carry around a paper towel....

9. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Check out my siggy. It has a thread that explains how they go on. I love having my chickies in the house.

10. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    I picked up my diapers last night from my PO Box [​IMG] They are beautifully made! Thank you so much Lovemychix! My digital camera is having some issues at the moment but as soon as I can post some pics... I will. Off to diaper my Buff Orp [​IMG]

Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by