Cute chook behaviour

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Little_red_hen_555, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Little_red_hen_555

Little_red_hen_555 New Egg

Feb 16, 2008
    melbourne
    [​IMG] One of my chooks BokBok did the cutest thing this morning, I was up there collecting eggs and I sat down on a bucket of feed in the corner to watch them for a bit. She was just staring at me then she jumped up onto my knee and just sat there looking at me. It was the cutest thing! I was really surprised cos we had just recently got them and they had just started to trust us. Have anyone else's chooks done the same thing?

2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I have one in particular that pushes the other chickens out of the way to get in my lap! She will jump in my lap and sit down waiting for me to hug and kiss on her...spoiled rotten!!! The rest like to be petted and some held, s few are alittle skittish of being picked up but this one is my love-hog!!

3. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    I have an old step stool in the corner that I just sit and observe and my Polish mix jumped on my lap, it threw me, she is the affectionate one but I still thought that was awesome. [​IMG]

I pet her a little and she just jumped off and went back to her treat. She is the one that waits for me to acknowledge her before she will eat. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by