Cute/Cool chick names

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tamimahler, Mar 18, 2016.

1. tamimahler

tamimahler New Egg

Mar 18, 2016
    My kid's named all of their chickens (7, 10, 11) Spot, Penguin, Coco, Twilight, Sky, Shrapnel, Stryzzo, Punk, Midnight, Crow, Golden, Niko, Peepers,

2. pinebarrens

pinebarrens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2015
    south NJ
    I love reading peoples' lists of names :)

We have Ginormosaurus, Godzilla, Tweaky, Rodan, Wren, Jay, Mittens, Mothra, and May.

The "kaiju" names were my contribution, and my 9-year-old son named most of the other ones. Tweaky was named by my husband, because she screams bloody murder every time we pick her up.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  3. ladyj02

ladyj02 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2016
    Topeka, Kansas
    I've got Debbie, Gertie, Rizzo, Mrs. Peck, Ruby, and Chickadee (Dee).

4. Jensownzoo

Jensownzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2016
    Saint Louis, MO
    Most of the chicks haven't shared their names with me yet, but so far I have Dinah, Einstein, Gloria, Angelique, and Lila. If my little silver seabright bantam is a roo, his name will be Captain. One of the Sicilian Buttercup bantams will be Amelia if a pullet or Charlie if a roo (for precocious flying!).

5. BarneyNCyndi

BarneyNCyndi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2014
    Everett, wa
    Right now we only have three. Trouble, Angel and hot lips. But we just got three more chicks, two weeks old and no names yet. :/

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  6. Keru0Keru

Keru0Keru New Egg

Mar 15, 2016
    Phoenix, Az
    My chicks will be brought to senior living homes as therapy chickens when adults so I thought it would be fun to name them after great american women in history. So there's Susan (Susan B Anthony) and Dorothy (Dorothy Dix)

7. mandamay28

mandamay28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2016
    So far we have a Nixi ( white cochin) Poppy and Piper (Partridge rocks) Jen ( buff Orp), Buffington ( male buff Orp.) and Goodbye, a white cochin male who is showing aggression at 3 weeks old so we are rehoming him.
    We still need to come up with names for 3 buff oops and 2 light brahmas.

8. BarneyNCyndi

BarneyNCyndi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2014
    Everett, wa
    Our two new girls are now officially named. Lacy (a welsummer, because she has the lacy neck) and lucy ( the Rhode island red, because shes a little dingy like lucy ball)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by