cute dog-chicken pics

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hensdeliverthegoods, Apr 11, 2008.

1. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Well, at least I think they're cute. [​IMG] This is Katie, getting to know one of our more friendly hens. But as you see in the last pic, the hen found her to be rather boring! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    That's an impressive dog you have there and a brave hen. Cute pictures they are! Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

3. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    AWWW, she's smiling at her. DH wants to get a german shepherd. How are she with kids? We have 5 all together.

4. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Quote:I may be partial, (ok, I am!) but I think German Shepherds who are raised around kids, are awesome family dogs and protectors. The females especially. Their strong herding instinct comes through and they absolutely love their job of watching over their "herd". Katie considers the chickens to be her personal responsibility and is always right at my heels when I'm caring for them.

By the way, I just LOVE your kids' names! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Oh thank you, we need a good dog for protection and DH wants to get german shepherd puppy, and I've always heard that females are way more protective and loyal than males.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by