Cute, Fun, inexpensive kids craft idea; pic (adult supervision req'd)

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
196900_1723700570581_1180370400_31561822_4925871_n.jpg

This was super easy; seen it in womans day or something like that...

basically take a $1 store easter bucket (small not the big pails...we got the tin "easter" decor one at the $1 dollar tree)
some hot glue, some easter grass a piece of green foam (for fake flowers, $1.77 at hobby lobby for a small one we cut in 1/2 to make two), a 59c dowel rod, a
79c embroidery hoop (wooden - hobby lobby), 17 peeps...

so basically you take the embroidery hoop, figure out how high you want your "circle" of peeps to be ...
and I had hubby drill a small hole so the embroidery hoop screw -- screwed through the dowel rod.

we then spray painted it green (you can do whatever color you want)...
let it dry.

put a square of that foam (we used green) and hot glued it onto the bottom of the inside of the pail...
then we hot glued peeps in a circle formation to create the flower...on top of the embroidery hoop...

then we used clear craft sealer (or you can use acrylic clear sealant) IN A VERY WELL VENTILATED, or better yet outside area...
and sprayed the peeps all sides...

then let that dry and air out otherwise you WILL get a headache..(like me!)..

then you can stick the peep flower on the dowel rod into the foam and add a bit of hot glue on top of the the foam and stick the grass on..let dry...

you can stop there like we did..
but the girls want to get jellybeans OR mini-plastic eggs to put on top of the grass...

enjoy! Have fun!

I think my ttl project cost was under $10 for TWO of them...

Back
Top Bottom