Cute Grey Tuxedo Kitten Looking for Home in NY Someone dumped him...

DarkUnicorn

Songster
11 Years
May 12, 2008
Walden, NY
There are just days I hate some people....

Went out to let my chooks out and hear the crying of a cat in distress...

Someone dumped a kitten in the field next to my place.. :mad:

Once the cutie saw me it did come out from under the pine tree by itself, is friendly and is a boy.

It's been hurt, a bit of blood on both ears and two tears on the belly. I've cleaned him up, he's eating and watching my week old chicks, from his cat carrier. I'll get him used to chicks and chickens while he's here.

I've called the local humane society and got the answering machine that says they are not taking cats or dogs.... :eek: He has to find a loving home before Friday....

I can't keep him even though I would love to. The landlord would have a FIT!

He wants to be inside does not like the outdoors unless you are right there with him. He'll probably end up being a lap cat......

Beautiful grey tuxedo color.

Will add pic in a bit.

Last edited:
Shame you're too far from me (about 4 hours). You might want to try Craigslist. Good luck.

Why do people dump animals? It's so heartless and cruel.

Another argument for making spaying and neutering mandatory by law. Start fining irresponsible people who put this burden on society. People who indiscriminately breed dogs and cats should be financing the shelters, not the people who are responsible and compassionate and get stuck trying to find homes for these poor animals.

Make dog and cat breeders get licenses. If they want to make money by adding to the problem, then they can help finance the shelters too.

Quote:
I agree whole heartedly!!!!...
I have a friend who's mother is a dog breeder and when the female has bred enough for her she gives her to the first person who answers the "FREE" ad in craigs list..you think after earning her thousands of dollars spewing out puppies for 5 years , that would have earned her a forever home...
I think all breeders should have a "tax" that goes to the shelters and spay neuter clinics..
he.gif

I wonder if he was picked up by a bird of prey such as a hawk and then dropped in the field. That happened to my cousin's kitten once, right in front of my cousin. And it might explain the tears in the tummy (from the talons) and the blood on the ears (from being pecked) -- ?? -- who knows. Poor baby.
sad.png
I wish I were close by, I'd take him and I'm allergic to cats.

IF he was picked up by a bird, his owner may be looking for him. Is there somewhere, a vet or a grocery store, where you can post his description and picture, just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would have to be one early hawk.... I let my girls out at 6:30.... We have a family of foxes but I don't think they did it. Doesn't look right. No holes in the muscle just looks like the skin ripped from a bad landing.... I've seen that way too much along this road... The kittens usually don't survive, they get hit by a car....

The neighbors from the other side of the road were out with me looking. They have 2 cats already and didn't want a 3rd....

I'm thinking about trying to talk the landlord into letting the kitten stay, but I have to put a good effort into trying to find a home for the little guy.

ah he sounds very cute, wish you were closer.

ML

Quote:
so if they make s/n mandatory eventually we wont have ANY pets..including yours...there are many ways this kitten could have ended up in the field..hawk,owl,young birds are enexperienced and drop prey all the time.. in most states breeders DO have to be licensed either by the state or USDA..I think people should be licensed before having kids,if they cant pass the license they should be s/n..dumping animals is cruel,but you have no evidence this one WAS dumped..so dont just assume because its out on its own it is "a breeders" fault,more then likely it is "a irresponsible pet OWNER" that is at fault,or another animal..

Back
Top Bottom