Cute little romacing guy!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Tripp16, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ok well I let my little bantam roo finally have what he wanted. He got to go stay inside the big girls run for about an hour (in a dog crate, under supervisation). He has been pacing his run wanting over there for weeks (his girl isnt sexually mature yet) he ignores his girl. I had nothing to do so I decided to see what he would do. [​IMG]

I put him in there, he started scratching around the bottom of the crate. Idk what the rooster dance looks like but he started doing something that looks like he may have been doing that! [​IMG] The girls came over to look at this "creature" they all raised their heads and stared him DOWN! [​IMG]

I decided to just see what he would do with the one interested hen so I put everyone else up so it was just him and her (BO by the way) he ran straight over to her and out of disbelief she SQUATTED! Well he "tried" to do his thing until she realized "Umm no thank you!!" turn around and raised up and chased him! He came running right back to me!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I laughed so hard. But I felt bad for the little guy!! Hopefully he will get better by the time his "girl" becomes mature!! [​IMG]

Just thought I would share! [​IMG]

2. OvertheHenHouse

OvertheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    Hilarious! Great story - and I do believe he'll figure it all out eventually [​IMG]

3. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Lets hope so!! [​IMG]

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hehe, he likes the big girls......[​IMG]

5. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

ROFL he's going to be a Romeo, for sure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by