Cute Personalized Leg Bands for Spoiled Chickens!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by littleredhen90, Nov 24, 2012.

1. littleredhen90

littleredhen90 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2012
    Woodlawn, Tennessee
    Let me start off by saying my chickens are VERY spoiled..and are more like little egg laying pets than farm animals. So being like members of the family, I wanted someway to identify them other than zip-ties or pipe cleaner so after looking everywhere with no luck I finally decided to make my own. I think they turned out nice! Let me know what ya'll think!!
    [​IMG]

The ducks are next!!!! :)

4 people like this.
  2. Hennyhandler

Hennyhandler SilkieJax

Jun 10, 2009
    Cullman
    I really like that! The name on there is awesome. I'm curious though, how do you get it on there leg? Do you have to pry it apart and then push it back together? I need something like that!

3. cary 1973

cary 1973 Chillin' With My Peeps

I want somthign like that but also have my name and phone # on it so if the chickens by some chance get out and some one finds them they know where there home is. how did you make those or how much would you charge to make 4 of those?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  4. Hennyhandler

Hennyhandler SilkieJax

Jun 10, 2009
    Cullman
    That is what I was wondering.

5. littleredhen90

littleredhen90 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2012
    Woodlawn, Tennessee
    They were actually extremely easy to make, I work at a farmers co-op and we have a brass dog tag punch..so I just punched out the name and curled it with some pliers. I just put their names, but the phone number is a great idea! I did have to un-bend them to put them on the girls legs, but they are relatively easy to bend and squeeze back together by hand. We sell our tags for $3 apiece, so if yall can't find them or something similar that would work I'd be happy to do it for that!

6. Sugar and hens

Sugar and hens New Egg

Jan 25, 2013
    these are so awesome I was looking online for the bands..These are exactly what I would like . We are new to chickens and our babies( pullets ) are coming February 6, I would love to get name bands for them I have already picked out their names... Would you make them for me and how much would you charge......

7. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    I was laughing with delight over your clever ID bracelets for your chickens and said to my hubby "We need to do this for our chickens!". His immediate response was "NO". I replied, "But you don't even know what I'm suggesting!" and he said "There were two words in your statement that immediately turned my respose to 'NO". After a brief momet of thought I realized that the words "We" and "our" were what caused the problem. Had I simply said "I need to do this for MY chickens" I just whould have received the famous hubby eye roll [​IMG] and perhaps a sigh.

Anyway, do you think the metal would cause a problem on really cold days?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  8. Sugar and hens

Sugar and hens New Egg

Jan 25, 2013
    that is a good question what about cold....?

9. NorthernMama

NorthernMama Out Of The Brooder

Hahhahaa Hummingbird - your husbands response sounds like one mimicked by my own time & again whenever I mention something I've done for or am thinking of doing for my girls (he thinks the curtains in the coop are eye roll worthy)

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You better set yourself up some offers in the Buy-Sell-Trade section here on BYC because you would get a whole lotta customers! I'd be one of your first....

That's how much I like them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by