Cute pics of kids with their chickens!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 2hot2chicken, Sep 22, 2011.

1. 2hot2chicken

2hot2chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    I have seen a lot of pics on here of kids n chickens but did not see a thread just for some cute pics of kids with their pet chickens......
    So Please post your pics here so we can get so cuteness when we need it!!! LOL [​IMG] [​IMG]

My daughter's ages 7 and 4 and their 3 month old LF Light Brahma pullets, named Marshmellow and Ipod.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No Marshmellow is not dead! My 7yr old is a chicken whisperer! She can get an adult hen to lay in her arms and close its eyes and fall asleep! My chickens are so used to my kids they actually come to them for attention and will let me kids play with them. The other day they were playing princesses and for over 20 minutes my 7yr old carried a hen around in her arms, put her in a lil tent they were playing in, and was running around the yard and it just went along with it and never even tried to get away!!!! Smart or dumb, I don't know but the most of the chickens we have are all this way!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    That is so sweet! But I must ask.... iPod? lol

3. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's one of my nieces and her two RIR...they walk around the yard with her and she picks them up whenever she wants and they just stand still and let her carry them around...she also scratches around in the garden with them and all three fight over bugs...lol [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    O My Goodness these are the most adorable little girlies with their birdies! [​IMG]

5. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:omg thats adorable!!! its like the size of her!

6. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    There are lots of cute pictures of my girls with their precious Henny Penny's HERE, and also HERE. Chickens and kids go together like
    peanut butter and jelly.

~Kelly~
    My Country Chronicles Blog

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  7. reereechickens

reereechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Reidsville, NC
    Hi! What cute pics! We keep our brooders in our basement and my 8yo love to let baby chicks crawl on his stomach or back. Here is pic of a Silkie chick.

[​IMG][/img]

8. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    I would have never believed chickens were anything but food-motivated, until I saw how much they love kids. [​IMG]

Great shots everyone!

9. project7030

project7030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    South Central Montana
    Oh my gosh, my girls adore my kids. Never fails, if I try to catch them they run, but if Brooke or Brayden try they just sit there.

Brooke & Thelma
    [​IMG]

Brayden & Millie Roo Roo
    [​IMG]

10. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    All of the kids with chickens are so cute!!! This is my son with Mabel

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by