Cute pictures

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Snapped some pictures of the girls the other day, thought I would share [​IMG]

Joon, my 17 week old Barred Rock pullet, sharing the chair with my dog Tommy
    [​IMG]

Joon has an nicotine addiction, so we made a trap ashtray so she can't get our filters. Here she is, JUST CHECKING.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wasn't doin' nuttin'..
    [​IMG]

Monica, my 24 week old Dark Brahma
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Munk, 17 week old Easter Egger girl, sitting in my lap. She is a sweetie.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Joon got jealous and jumped up and pecked poor Munk's eyeball lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chicken Hug!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eating grape leaves
    [​IMG]

Mad Trio
    [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Well, they sure are some pretty hens! Thanks for sharing![​IMG]

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thanks! I am still waiting on eggs, BUT this weekend my Brahma sang the egg song, today she has been squatting for me, AND I caught her nesting in a nearby fern! She wasn't dustbathing, like I thought at first, then I watched and realized she was nesting. Sooo cute but I need to get some golf balls to replace my crazy colored plastic eggs haha. fingers crossed for eggs soon! I also have two wyandottes, but they didn't want to be in that photo shoot lol.

4. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Such great pictures and beautiful girls!!!!!! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing!!!

5. HenneePennee

HenneePennee In the Brooder

Aug 4, 2010
    Alabama
    Loved those photos! I'm glad to see other people have a personal relationship with their hens. My friends think I'm crazy.[​IMG]

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Well taken care of and cute indeed!

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    You take the most beautiful pictures of your girls.
    I have to say, I think Joon is my favorite of your babies-seems like she is always into something-gotta love those Barred Rocks!

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Morgan7782: Munk and Joon and Monica are beautiful hens! I read where you got Monica, and ever since I've seen her I want at least 1 LF Dark Brahama! The bantam Brahmas are kinda ugly? I have a few, not the prettiest birds, but OMG the standards are a different story all together! [​IMG]
    Where did you get Joon & Munk? Munk is just adorable! [​IMG] Anything that has fluffy cheeks makes my heart get all warm inside and makes me say "Awe!"
    Gorgeous, Lovely, Beautiful, Pretty Birds! Thank You For Sharing! [​IMG]

9. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thank you! Yep I went to bring a friend one of my blue Wyandottes, thinking I would come home empty handed. Well I fell in LOVE with her Dark Brahma hen and she offered me a younger girl who she had. Imagine my mom's surprise when I came home with a chickens twice the wyandottes size! LOL. She is great though, and is getting more and more friendly.

I got Munk and Joon from the local feed store here, Bradshaw Feed, and got them the DAY they were shipped in from Belt Hatchery in Hayward (I think?). They are both wonderful and the only girls who I imprinted and had since day 2. They are both very friendly, and while Munk is the more flighty of the group, she is friendly to me and the regulars.

I enjoy all of them, so much. I am keeping an eye out for a wooden shed I can convert to a coop so I can house them all together. Right now it's Munk and Joon in one coop, and Monica with the Wyandotte girls in the 2nd coop. I would like to get a big (5 ft x 6-8 ft) shed/coop, something I can walk into because bending to clean is a pain lol.

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I read your BYC page right after I posted a comment. Great Page! [​IMG]
    I have a EE pullet from Meyer hatchery ( shown in my avatar ) her name is brownie. She is kinda friendly, but not really! My friend gave her to me when she was about 2 wks. old so she was kinda already wild. [​IMG]
    Do you have a picture of your two coops?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by