Cute pink little cast!!! PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by amystours, May 8, 2008.

1. amystours

amystours Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Many of y'all know we went camping last weekend. Our puppy inadvertently (sp?) ended up on the picnic table out there (one of the kids). When my hubby went to pick her up and put her on the ground, she did that little twist thing and fell, it was quite a long way down. She hollered and was limping, figured something was bad wrong, however, it was the weekend, so we thought we'd see how she did and then head to the vet on Monday.

Monday came, and she was doing much better, so we didn't bring her. Yesterday, she was caught chewing on Wilson, so I nudged her out of the way with my foot, not really kicking her, but she started hollering again.

Took her to the vet today, and the leg was, in fact, broken, and had actually started to heal, so they broke it again and set it for her. I'm $192 more poor than what I already was, but of course, it was worth it!! Pics below!! BTW, Chief loves HIS puppy!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Aw poor baby, I hope she heals fast and the little pink cast is adorable

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

poor Cutey pie!

4. akanalynnn

akanalynnn Out Of The Brooder

only 200 bucks! OH my, consider yourself lucky! I have an italian greyhound who broke his leg mid-stride while running about a year ago... (their bulky muscles are too strong for their puppy-bones)...

He had to have 2 surgeries, had 5 steel pins bisecting his leg... and his little bone was so teeny and fine, they almost had to amputate! It was supposed to heal in 6-8 weeks, with all this fancy surgery...

Well, 5 months later, it still hadn't healed. My pup was staying with my mom in her little town of Baker, OR. The large animal vet there took all the fancy crap out, put him in a big purple cast, and WAh-LaH! Month later he was good as new!

The things we do for our pets...

Glad yours was so easy to deal with!

5. amystours

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Oh dear!!! Thing is, though, I live paycheck-to-paycheck, so this put a HUGE cramp in my budget for probably a month or so, till I can catch back up to it.

I know they all say you shouldn't have animals if you can't afford them....seems like even us poor folk will manage a way to take care of them.

6. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    awwww poor wittle puppy!! wishing her a speedy recovery. Beautiful Pinscher too! soon she will be bouncing around again [​IMG]

7. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Poop pup! But TOO CUTE with his big ol' dobie bff and pink cast!

8. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    We had a dog that looked just like that and broke the exact same leg, too weird. It was when I was, well it was a long time ago.

9. amystours

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    I'm worried about how to keep it clean. Vet said to put a plastic bag over it EVERY time she goes outside so she won't get dirt in there, but she slips out when we are headed out, so she's had it in the dirt already!!!

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Awww what a cutie pie! AND I LOVE your floor! Whew I wish It were MINE! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by