1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CUTE Showgirl Babies!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by spowell, Nov 1, 2011.

1. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    I bought eggs from SilkieSue here on BYC, and hatched out the cutest Showgirl babies. They are 11 days old today.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rhode Island Rita

Rhode Island Rita Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    What cuties! [​IMG]

When you call them showgirls, is that a nickname for silkies, or are you actually going to show them somewhere? (New to chickens, here, so if there is lingo, I don't quite have it down xD)

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    OMG too stinkin' cute. I was expecting just one picture but instead got an overload of cuteness. The first one looks like a young Abe Lincoln - I mean that in a nice adorable way.

4. jmtcmkb

jmtcmkb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    New Hampshire
    oh my gosh how adorable [​IMG]

5. spowell

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:They are called Showgirls, they are a Silkie with the NN (naked neck) gene. These are my first SG and there is no going back now. Hopefully SilkieSue will get on the stick and get me some more colors!!! [​IMG]

6. spowell

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:Ohhhh...He does look like Abe Lincoln [​IMG] I also thought they all looked like they had mullet hair cuts from the 80's, short on top and long at the neck.

7. Rhode Island Rita

Rhode Island Rita Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Quote:I have found that chickens are a gateway drug to more chickens. [​IMG] Once you get started on any of them you must have moooooore!

8. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Rocking the mini-mullet!
    And wearing a bowtie![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. spowell

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:I have found that chickens are a gateway drug to more chickens. [​IMG] Once you get started on any of them you must have moooooore!

Oh, you don't have to tell me about it....I must carry that addict gene [​IMG] I started out last spring with a couple Minorcas and Silkies. Including those, right now I also have 5 white Silkies 6-7 months old, 2 Partridge Silkies 6-7 months old, 16 five week old Silkies, 9 Showgirl/silkie babies, 9 Minorca babies, 25 Silkie eggs going into lockdown tonight, 2 Splash Old English Game, 5 Speckled frizzled bantam and 3 Indian Fantail Pigeons. Oh... I forgoe 3 Astrolop hens. [​IMG]

10. spowell

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:OMG...Just send him to ME!!!! now!!! [​IMG] Awwww, ain't he cute? (in my best southern drawl)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by