1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

cute sight at the outdoor flea market

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KristyHall, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    wickedned and I went to the outdoor flea market today to sell some of my roosters. we took our dogs with us and while we were sitting around waiting for someone to be interested in the birds we saw a woman walking around with he fluffiest pet silkie i had eve seen. the little silkie had a bow in hear feathers and was calmly resting in the woman's arms. it was precious.

of course our dogs wanted to check the bird out but not every chicken is used to dogs like ours are.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. Bessie1994Snider

Bessie1994Snider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Omg I bet that was a sight lol adorable!!!!!!!!!!

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I used to have a completely tamed rooster I named Einstein. Nobody ever told him he was a chicken and he always sorta thought he was a parrot. Rode around on my shoulder whenever I'd allow it.. Only bad habit of his was to poke at the feather in my cap once in a while... But silkies are evil, I would have avoided the lady like the plague.. cuz that's how silkies get around... like a plague..

4. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    It really was. My dog especially wanted to sniff the strange looking fluff ball (it is strange looking to him anyway) but the poor bird started making the alarm call they do which only upset my dog who is very protective of "HIS" chickens. He thinks all chickens are his btw.

5. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:[​IMG]

how are silkies evil?

I mean it's hard to out evil you *runs and hides!* [​IMG]

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I'm evil like elmer fudd... Silkies are like darth vader and hannibal lector all rolled in one enchilada... Their cuteness is only tempered with the knowledge of what they can do when you let your guard down..

7. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Like attack my toes every time I do not bring them out a treat! But I like my little plagues.

8. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:I'm evil like elmer fudd... Silkies are like darth vader and hannibal lector all rolled in one enchilada... Their cuteness is only tempered with the knowledge of what they can do when you let your guard down..

oh i see. silkies are to you that turkeys are to Em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by