Cute story

sonjab314

Constant State of Confusion
13 Years
May 15, 2010
Missouri
Usually when I let my chickens, ducks and guineas out each day, all of them barrel out of the door as soon as its opened. I quickly learned to stand behind the door as I open it to keep from getting knocked down. This morning, as I walked out in the snow, I opened the door but stood on the oposite side of the door to see their reactions to the snow as this is their first snowfall. Well, I opened the door and Firecracker, the main roo, started to bolt out the door with the rest of the flock in tow. Before he crossed the threshold, he stopped dead in his tracks and caused a pile up of all my feathered friends. Some of them are a whole lot friendlier with their neighbor if you know what I mean. He had no idea what to think of the new ground covering. Well it didnt take very long and my ducks waddled on out and started to eat the snow off the ground (silly little birds). Now they are all outside trying to catch the snowflakes falling like they were bugs. I'd expect this from my guineas because we all know they are not too bright but out of my chickens?
th.gif

Lol! I love seeing the chickens' reactions to snow. Mine eat it much like your ducks do
lol.png

When my guinea fowl had there first snow they were trying to eat the fluries, like bugs flying. But guinea fowl perfer to get there food off of the ground.

Each guinea fowl is different, just like people.
smile.png

BlakesFarm, thats what mine were doing too including my (evidently) not so bright chickens lol

I just hope the my rooster's tailend isn't sore from having all those hen beaks suddenly inserted from stopping short lol

Back
Top Bottom