CUTE SURPRISE!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 30, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I was over at the in-laws' last night & stumbled upon a muscovy on a nest in their well house....she was p'o'd and NOT pleased with my presence. I went to shut the door & heard peeping....I looked & found TWO chicks! It looks as though one of my MIL's free-ranging EE's laid in the duck's nest?!?

Anyway, the resulting two babies are the CUTEST! They are black with little muffs & feathered feet--from the Brahma roo which is their dad! [​IMG] Of course, I have to sell them (MIL gave them to me because I'm set up for babies & I have the chick starter)...so they're going in the yard sale this weekend....but thought I'd share...they are too cute!

And yes, I'll get some pics before they go!

2. mbleily

mbleily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Idaho
    I hope you took them out of the nest. I had a muscovy hatch out some chicks and before I knew it she had walked on them. It seems the chicks don't knew to get up on the feet like the ducklings do. They all got smashed flat. [​IMG]

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Oh yeah...I took them out & home with me they came, LOL They're resting, comfortably in the coop with all of my other babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by