Cuteness Overload! MINI TEACUP PIGS!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by boykin2010, Sep 18, 2011.

1. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
  2. llrumsey

llrumsey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    wow, $200.00 each, they are cute but wow. Guess I'm just cheap.[​IMG]

3. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    yes cute.
    but why do folks insist on calling it a "rehoming fee"? that's the PRICE. they COST $200.
    grumble grumble grumble. bah humbug. [​IMG]
    but yes, very cute. not $200 worth of cute, but still, cute.

4. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Have you seen the cute little pygmy goats?! I got chickens to help eat the bugs in the backyard. (living bug zappers) Don't you think the pygmy goats would make wonderful little living lawn mowers?

5. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

That must be one big teacup. [​IMG] I don't find dressed up pigs to be cute and the attempts to make them cuter for sale by doing so is just desparate, IMO. [​IMG]

My boss got one of these "teacup" pigs for her daughter and it now resides in a stall in their barn....MUCH bigger than 40 lbs and a whole lotta uncute. It's cranky and spoiled from living in the house until it lost it's cuteness and it is all alone. It never did potty train and had to wear a diaper all the time it was inside.

ALL baby animals are cute....but, alas, they do grow up. A pig is still a pig, whether dressed in a pink jacket or in mud. [​IMG]

6. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    maizy'smom :

Have you seen the cute little pygmy goats?! I got chickens to help eat the bugs in the backyard. (living bug zappers) Don't you think the pygmy goats would make wonderful little living lawn mowers?

where are you? I've got a couple you can have...
    cute as bugs, highly socialized, bottle fed spoiled brats (I didn't do this, they came that way) and quick to squawk when they want something! but they will eat your lawn! excellent on poison ivy too. and rose bushes. gardens. ornamental flowers...
    where did you say you are located? [​IMG]
    but hey, the ARE super cute, and no "rehoming fee".​

7. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    they'd be a whole lot cuter if they were nekkid as God intended for them to be. Pigs don't look very cute with clothes on. Rehoming fee? that's pretty lame. That's a price tag, NOT a rehoming fee!

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:Because craigslist states in there rules that selling pets is ageist the rules but re-homing with a fee is ok. The craigslist police flag an delete anything that does not call it a re-homing fee.

9. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    UGH it makes me so mad they want to call them TEACUPS They are NOT teacups!! NO pig on this earth as an adult will fit into a teacup! They use the referance of TEACUP when they are newborn babies fitting into a teacup but they keep using it even untill adult age when the pigs are 30-60 pounds. THINK about it a ton of dogs are bigger then 60 pounds! Just call them miniature pigs. Teacup is such a stupid term for any pig little or big even as a newborn if they fit into a cup in two weeks they'd be to big to fit in one. Theres nothing wrong with a 50 pound pig even. Why not just be honest and call them miniature pigs! This stupid Nano, Micro,Teacup phase is just a hoax. THEY ALL grow up they do NOT stay baby piglets! Please do not buy a MINIATURE PIG if you do not expect a 30-60 pound pig. I raise 50 pound and under Miniature pigs and they are PIGS they love to be outside and root in the dirt and really just be outdoors I let them in sometimes they are my precious kids but they are outside pigs they go back out after a while let pigs be pigs naturally don't fall pray to buying a pig and keeping it full time indoors they won't get enough excersize and over fat they need to be where they can moved and run and be active it's easy to kill a pig by keeping it indoors and not getting it outside in time because they will hold themselves till they are sick!!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  10. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    And ALWAYS look at the parents. To many people impulsively buy pigs and they get pregnant and they think they must be like a year old. At a year old a pig is NOT grown and male pigs can breed at 90 days old and a sow can get bred at 5 months old! Please do alot of research before buying! There are 30 pound pigs but they are rare rare to find and even 40 pounders are hard to find but often NOT mature!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by