Cutest packing peanuts ever!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cpo614, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Cpo614

Cpo614 New Egg

Mar 16, 2012
    I got 6 of these as packing peanuts with my duck order from ideal. I've spent all morning looking at pictures and I can't figure out what they are! They're four toed and feather footed. Any ideas?[​IMG][/IMG]

2. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

looks like buff or light brahma

3. NickyBob

NickyBob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    Pennsylvania
  4. Cpo614

Cpo614 New Egg

Mar 16, 2012
    Thank you! I don't know why but I was thinking they were too dark to be buff brahmas so I didn't even check that page! Quick google check shows yup that's probably what they are!

5. SD Bird Lady

ideal's brahma chicks are a little darker than they "should" be. I just got some lights from them and they looked just like that with lighter yellow of the face.

6. Mule Girl

Mule Girl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2012
    Illinois
    AHHH was it "buy ducks get chicks free" deal.. lol !
    They are cute !

7. Cpo614

Cpo614 New Egg

Mar 16, 2012
    Haha well I wanted three ducks and 3 poults but they didn't have poults this week to send so I just ordered extra ducks. The packing peanuts were just bonuses! I do raise Cornish x as well and I think one of my australorp pullets is well, not a pullet, so processing day will be multi colored this year!

8. Cpo614

Cpo614 New Egg

Mar 16, 2012
    I also got 4 fluffy pale orangey yellow packing peanuts but I figure those are sex links

9. SD Bird Lady

In about a week it should be fairly obvious if they accidently gave you any pullet as they feather in so much quicker! You also will want to process your Brahmas later as they are very slow growing. Probably about 20 weeks. Have fun! All my packing peanuts were production reds [​IMG] but I am almost positive I got one girl [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by