Cutler Poultry customer service?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickBond 007, Apr 6, 2009.

1. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    I received a second Hovabator 1588 on Friday from Cutler. I also ordered a cage making pliers and some cage clips. Cutler's placed the pliers/clips inside the lid of the Hovabator and they banged around for the whole trip to me through the USPS. They hit the fan mechanism hard enough that the plastic housing broke in two places. I've tried to reach Cutler's all day by phone but no one is answering. I've left a message but am wondering.... are they closed on Mondays?
    Anyone have any experience with Cutler's on any customer service issues?

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    OH, goodness - I'm so sorry to hear this! I've always had very good luck with them, but have never ordered anything but supplements and Oxine. GOOD LUCK rectifying this bad situation!

3. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Sorry to hear of your problem. I've always gotten great service from them. I normally get better responses if I email them lately though. So, [​IMG]. Hope they help you out in a timely manner. [​IMG]

4. ChickBond 007

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    I finally got through to their answering machine and left a message, but perhaps I'll try email too.

5. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I also ordered a 1588 hovabator and turner this Spring and the turner didn't work. Called and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

Good luck![​IMG]

6. ChickBond 007

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Cutler called today. They lost power yesterday due to the snowstorm. They have offered to send a new top to the 1588 incubator, and I must return the broken top to them (no big deal). However, she said "I'll give you store credit for the postage it costs you to return the package", and I said, "I would prefer that it go to my credit card as I do not plan a purchase in the near future so store credit will not suffice." She explained that it will cost them more to do that.... and I said....(nothing).....
    I believe it's their responsibility to make me "whole" regardless of incidental costs such as credit card transaction fees. (I've spent over $350 there in 6 weeks.)
    Am I off base? Should I just taken the store credit and not asked for credit to my card?

7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:Its not your fult that someone put the pliers in there. You should ask them for cmpensation for your time taking faulty equipment back to the PO. jk but i bet they wont do that either. they could give you a postal MO for the diff maybe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by