Cutting Chicken Boredom

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BlackCoffee, Sep 30, 2016.

1. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Just Hatched

Aug 12, 2016
    What are some good ideas to cut down on coop boredom?

2. RRLaney

RRLaney Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2016
    Round Rock, TX
    My hens spend a ton of time in their dirt baths! And if they're too crowded they bathe in my gardens! We also have scattered roosts around the yard for them to play on. They seem to like to parkour lol (jumping from roost to roost or chair to chair or shoulder to shoulder)
    [​IMG]

We spend A LOT of time outside with our chickens. Fun fact: chickens love selfies lol. And we feed them treats and try to teach them tricks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last but definitely not least, they LOVE "tether corn". It's their favorite game! We hang vegetables all over the yard (but corn is by far their favorite) bad girls wont eat their broccoli!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

A whole pumpkin, Things to jump on such as stumps, ladders, benches...A plastic bottle with holes drilled in and filled with scratch grains....Mirrors...
    Get creative.....

Cheers!

4. Wyatt0224

Wyatt0224 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2016
    Westminster, Maryland
    One popular idea I've seen on here is to hang a whole cabbage head especially if they're snowed in. It can last a long time and is healthy for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by