Cutting into the bumble (bumble foot)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MuranoFarms, Aug 20, 2010.

1. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I soaked duckies feet in warm water with epsom salts. I started by shaving the top of the callus off. Once I was past the hard skin I cut into the swollen spot dead center of where the black spot was. Nothing but blood. I soaked his feet for another 5 minutes. I tried again this time making the cuts larger so it was more like a +. Just more blood. I cleaned it, packed it with antibiotic ointment and wrapped it with waterproof band aids. He's in the coop for the night, which stays pretty dry. I don't see pus, a plug or anything white. He's been limping, its a swollen lump and the leg feels slightly warm. It did have the black center before I shaved it off. Did I do something wrong? Or should I just resoak and try again in the morning?

Thanks!

2. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Might have to go in from the top of the foot. Put "Ruth" in the search. You will get all the info you could ever need!

3. Causin Chaos

Causin Chaos Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2009
    Im not sure if you have taken care of the bumble foot but I just had a really bad one in my hens foot. You can do a search and check it out. We had to go from the top to cut it off. My thread is called bumblefoot....sugar/iodine mixture Maybe it will help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by