.::Cycling Fans Come!::.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amigo, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Amigo

Amigo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    [​IMG] Here we talk about Professional Cycling, and in 9 days are the World Championships! [​IMG]

2. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    How many miles an hour do cyclers go?

3. Amigo

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    Quote:Hmmm.. Pros usually do an average of 29mph on flats, 23-27 on hills, and in the mountains they go on average 15-20 (That includes decending). In a short time trial they can go up to 33mph average, and longer, the best guys can go about 30mph. [​IMG]

Sprinters can go up to 40mph on the flat! [​IMG]

4. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Wow! That's pretty fast....but uh....I think that horses can go faster [​IMG]

5. Amigo

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    Quote:Yes but cyclist make more of an effort. [​IMG]

6. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal

Well, a lot more goes into horse backriding than hopping on and steering, the horse puts in a lotta effort too. But, I've bicycled before and even non-competitive is hard on my knees...competitive would be difficult. Both sports are pretty equal, but horsebackriding makes you more sore in my opinion.

7. Amigo

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!

Well, a lot more goes into horse backriding than hopping on and steering, the horse puts in a lotta effort too. But, I've bicycled before and even non-competitive is hard on my knees...competitive would be difficult. Both sports are pretty equal, but horsebackriding makes you more sore in my opinion.

The only reasons of sore knees are:
    1. Bicycle fit
    2. Slow rpms
    3. Bad knees [​IMG]

Solutions:
    1. Make sure the bicycle fits
    2. Improve rpms
    3. Ride with a procycling stye bike, and cycling is one of the best ways to get rid of knee problems

I'll give you an example of what it looks like (Pro Cycling):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  8. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Quote:Well, a lot more goes into horse backriding than hopping on and steering, the horse puts in a lotta effort too. But, I've bicycled before and even non-competitive is hard on my knees...competitive would be difficult. Both sports are pretty equal, but horsebackriding makes you more sore in my opinion.

The only reasons of sore knees are:
    1. Bicycle fit
    2. Slow rpms
    3. Bad knees [​IMG]

Solutions:
    1. Make sure the bicycle fits
    2. Improve rpms
    3. Ride with a procycling stye bike, and cycling is one of the best ways to get rid of knee problems

I'll give you an example of what it looks like (Pro Cycling):

http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2010-paris-nice-stage-5/sagan-wins.jpg

My dad has bad knees, it kinda runs in the family. I do think cycling is fun, though. I like going fast and almost crashing on the curb!

9. Sword

Sword Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    Mundelein

I used to ride horses (and want to start again) and I ride my bike all the time. Neither competitively. I personally think that cycling takes more effort, at least if you're maintaining good speed. If you're not gasping for air and pouring sweat, you're not going fast enough lol.

10. Amigo

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    Quote:Well, a lot more goes into horse backriding than hopping on and steering, the horse puts in a lotta effort too. But, I've bicycled before and even non-competitive is hard on my knees...competitive would be difficult. Both sports are pretty equal, but horsebackriding makes you more sore in my opinion.

I used to ride horses (and want to start again) and I ride my bike all the time. Neither competitively. I personally think that cycling takes more effort, at least if you're maintaining good speed. If you're not gasping for air and pouring sweat, you're not going fast enough lol.

Well, if you go up to 20mph and hold it, you can get used to it, and then it becomes easy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by