Cydectin S Sheep Oral Wormer

May 31, 2019
Hi, I wanted some advice before giving it to my Chickens I have already wormed them 1st of December with Safeguard and Ivermectin Paste horse Wormer they was full of worms that cleared them up. So I was just wondering is Cydectin S Sheep Oral Wormer safe to give to Chickens??? I have almost full big bottle of the wormer I got it when purchased a goat. Thank you

I would not use that on chickens, it's dangerous to overdose it, and would be easy to do with something as small as a chicken. I would suggest that you use Safe Guard liquid goat wormer, or Valbazen instead. Those will take care of most common worms in chickens and are much safer. For round worms, which are the most common, you would dose twice, 10 days apart. If you were dealing with tapeworms, then a medication containing praziquantel is most effective for those (Equimax horse paste or Zymectrin Gold horse paste are commonly used). Knowing which parasite you are treating for is helpful. Do you have a vet that will do a fecal for you?
Here is another thread which does not recommend using moxidectin:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/worming-w-moxidectin.1249271/

Back
Top Bottom