Cyn - check out the orph babies now ....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Crazy4Chicks, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well here they are Rhett and Scarlett -- they are doing great and growing so big !! they love it outside and where one goes the other follows - they do everything together and it is so sweet - if one losses sight of the other they start calling to each other until they are back together

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

How old are they now, Julie? They look like two pullets there.

3. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I wish I could remeber when they were hatched out- these babies hatch under my silver laced cochin Lacey Bear and I cant remember when I got the eggs from -- I know I am bad chicken mom LOL

I thought for sure Rhett ( standing up ) was a roo -- but if you think both pulletts I would be happy because I can keep both of them than [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

The one on the left looks more like a pullet, but the one on the right doesnt look that much like a cockerel. Maybe a larger pic would help-my eyes are not what they used to be, lol. They look very healthy!

5. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I will see if DH will hold HIS GA peaches lol so I can get a few head pics for you -- I cant believe how thick these girls are they are pretty heavy bodied for being babies -- they are so active and love to eat thier veggies such good babies I have a feeling they are going to be HUGE !! I saw one of my banty cochin boys chasing Scarlett the other day - man that girl can run FAST LOL

6. speckledhen

Oh, they'll be your heaviest ladies, I bet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by