Cyn here are your grandchicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Crazy4Chicks, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Here are the GA Peaches Scarlett and Rhett

they are so calm and quiet never make a fuss - and so darn cute [​IMG]

Scarlett is the one standing up and Rhett has to cute little mustache

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so what do you think Cyn both pullets [​IMG] LOL

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good Southern names! Way too early to tell the sex on these sweeties, Julie. Maybe in three or four weeks, we'll know. Glad you got these two to come out into the cold, cruel world! [​IMG]

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm not Cyn., but wanted to tell you how cute they are anyways! [​IMG]

4. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    yea I figured it was to early to tell LOL - but wishful thinking never hurt -

these two babies are doing great !! and boy they did not have to worry about a cold world it was 102 outside the day they hatched LOL

I cant wait to see them feather out and get that green shine to them [​IMG]

do the pullets from Suede get as big as him or is it only the roos and pullets take after the moms ?

5. speckledhen

The pullets are not lightweights! You should look up the thread that says something like "Speckledhen's Splash Orp Tried to Eat my Kid". That is Suede's daughter and she's a hefty young lady, LOL. I believe the girls are over 8 lbs each.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  6. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    [​IMG]

wow - I hope if these are girls they better stay nice and dainty LOL if they get to big I will need to add a room on to the coop just for them LOL

I will post pics of them in another week or two and we can see how much bigger they have gotten

[​IMG]

Tell Suede and Skye I love thier babies and I think they did a great job giving us these wonderful healthy GIRLS [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

I'll pass on the msg to Suede and Skye! Suede is such a good boy; hopefully, the temperamant passed on to his little ones. It usually does, though. [​IMG]

8. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I think so far it has [​IMG] these little ones are not flighty and easy to handle and dont mind being held

Jeff loves them - so I think he might want to try the breed again someday and see if we get a few more to hatch next time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by