1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cyn, it is Day 19!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by herechickchick, Feb 19, 2008.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Sorry I forgot to post that yesterday was day 18 for my first batch. [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wow, already?! Cool! This one will be a good one, I just know it! How many of each made it this far?

3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Most have significant growth so I think I will have a good turn out. I kept the temps just a tad on the high side since the last group took so long to come out. One of my BR eggs from Mandy was oozing out fluid. I have never seen anything like it before and I could not find a crack in the egg but I figure there must be one? I cleaned it up and place it in the back corner of the hatcher to watch it just in case someone decides to pop out of it. I will keep you posted.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Adam, I had that happen with one of Lexies. It had some tiny little bumps on one end and apparently, one had a pinhole, and when I candled it, found some wetness on the pointy end. I wiped it off and in 20 minutes it was there again, so I melted some parrafin wax and dipped the bottom of the egg in it, then put wax paper around that so it wouldnt stick in the turner slot. It was just the white of the egg leaking out the pinhole, not a real problem, but needed to be sealed. That egg did hatch a chick just fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by