1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cyn - kiss Becca for me

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by walkswithdog, Oct 29, 2008.

1. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    She's done me a good deed providing one that managed to survive despite what happened. He's making a racket. It's a nice thing to hear. He needed some help. I didn't see that he'd been pipped for QUITE some time. But I figured it out and he's made it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She'll like that. Becca is a sweetheart who loves to be snuggled. Glad her baby made it! Just let me know when you want me to send you more BR eggs.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I tell ya. It's hard looking at the ones that almost made it. opening the one that I could tell had failed was rough, but I swore to learn as much as possible this first time. No egg is going unbroken. Up until today all of the others had been usps scrambled. Guess the power outtage was just at the wrong time.

I'm weighing starting again next month over going on a thing in the first week of Dec...

Ah, who needs a vacation.

I will let you know, I came dang close with this batch. There were 9 BRs viable when the power went out Dunno about the blue eggs, had one last turkey... I'm giving the turkeys and the blues awhile longer, heck and the barreds that haven't leaked.

hope doesn't have to be logical does it?

Thanks. I'll send a pic when he's fluffed out. Name is Ponder, both a teacher whom I loved and what I've been doing, thinking for two days straight.

Hugs. Cher

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by