Cyn, Lisa, got the eggs today! Not a crack in sight!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AprilAWZ, Jan 9, 2008.

1. AprilAWZ

AprilAWZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2007
    northeastern MN
    You know how they say that after a nuclear explosion, only cockroaches will survive? Well, I think you can add eggs packed by Cyn and Lisa to that list. [​IMG] I don't know that the P.O. could have busted those eggs if they tried!

Got a call from the post office this am, after I realized that I'd forgotten to put a hold on my mail...d'oh! So, after I brought the packages home (both were clearly labeled with my phone # and instruction to call me for pick-up), I got comfortable, because there was some serious unwrapping to do! Every single egg was intact, and cool, but not cold. The eggs were clean, labeled and a nice uniform size -no monsters, no tiny pullet sized eggs.

Soooo, they will go into the incubator this evening. I have a batch I'd set last Friday in there already, but they seemed to have had a rough time getting here, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope for them. But, hopefully in 3 weeks, I'll have some of Lisa's Barred Rock fuzzies, and Cyn's Ameraucauna and Blue Orp fuzzies zooming around the hatcher.

Oh, happy day! [​IMG]

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Glad to hear your eggs all arrived safely. Can't wait to hear updates.

3. AprilAWZ

Nov 28, 2007
    northeastern MN
    Oh, in about 2 1/2 weeks, ya'll will be sick of me...lol! We just got a wireless router, so I can just picture myself up in the "bator closet", in the grips of a serious case of IBW, laptop and camera in hand, uploading pip and zip pics...[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

So glad to hear that, April! Good luck on your hatch. I will require pics, as per contract, LOL! [​IMG] You're lucky, too. The other guy in Virginia did NOT get his eggs and they were mailed at the same time. Crazy P.O.!

5. AprilAWZ

Nov 28, 2007
    northeastern MN
    It must be our not-so-densely populated upper midwest post offices...less to sort through, so everything gets done faster?? Or, maybe I just got lucky?? I've been pretty lucky so far (knock on keyboard) when it comes to delivery dates being met, but I really shouldn't say that too loudly, I'm expecting a shipment from Ideal in the next day or two...[​IMG]

6. SebrightLover

SebrightLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    Oh boy what kind of eggs?

I can't wait for the IBW!!!

7. AprilAWZ

Nov 28, 2007
    northeastern MN
    I got barred rocks from Lisa, blue orpington and blue/black ameraucanas from Cyn.

I think I'll be in full-on IBW after the 2-week candling, if not sooner...[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. SebrightLover

SebrightLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    [​IMG][​IMG]:ya

9. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    It's such a huge relief when you open that box and find none are broken isn't it...

Looking forward to hearing all about the hatching process , with lots of pics of course!!

Julie [​IMG]

10. Hi April!
    I'm so glad they made it OK [​IMG]
    I hope they all grow well.

Lisa
    (Every time I see IBW, I can't help but think 'Irritated Bowel Somethingorother', lol.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by