Cyn some pics or my sweet dellies to let you know what is to come !

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hcammack, Jun 22, 2008.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Here are some pictures of the ladies just for you guys from today and a little while ago.

Here is my girl clementine with the really fine checkers on her neck.
    [​IMG]

Here is the giant 10 pound delaware hen she is a big fatty [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is another great picture of the giant
    [​IMG]

here is the first girl with allot of attitude but not to much she doesn't bite (hard [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

I don't have any pictures of the tiny girl but just for a size idea she is only as big as my ameraucana hens.

cyn good luck with your delaware hatch!
    Henry

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wow, you have a very large lady there, Henry! Are you sure she's not part Orpington, LOL?! What a girl. Thanks for posting the pics. I sure hope they hatch. I'll be candling in a couple of days and we'll see.

3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    good luck I can't wait for the new coop to arrive tommarow and then at the end of the summer the imminent arrival of a trio of BBS ameraucana it has to happen I may as well try a
    rooster now [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

Make sure and post pics of that new coop. I'm really glad you're getting it.

5. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    thanks I will ! [​IMG] I am glad there is lots of roosting space so I can add at least three more birds at the end of the sumer and If I decide to keep the chicken tractor I may add another two Black copper marans for laying and keep the bbs ameraucanas in the tractor. I don't think I want to get above 17 birds though.

Henry

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  6. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Your Dellies are gorgeous! Love that last picture! [​IMG]

Speckledhen, you'll love having Dellies! They're markings are each a little different so its easy to tell one from another. Mine are so sweet!

Henry congrats on your new coop! It looks really neat.

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    thanks I am happy also cooking up more chicken projects in my head I am schemeing away trying to start breeding bbs ameraucan LOL and I want goats also but that would probably be harder to sneak buy LOL My dellies are my sweetest birds [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Speckledhen, you'll love having Dellies

Dont know if you know this, but I have hatched Dellies before....they were HORRIBLE! Their parents, owned by another BYC member, turned aggressive at maturity and were culled. I had two pullets and two cockerels and I got rid of them at about 8 weeks old. They were mean and aggressive to the other birds and to me, even. I had to separate seven Speckled Sussex chicks that were picked and plucked to the point of bleeding. I swore never again...then a nice person and breeder of true heritage Delawares decided I should give them another chance and asked me to do a fertility test for her up and coming new cockerel and ladies. Honestly, I hesitated after my experience with them, but she convinced me. I'd post pics of the parents of my new future Dellie chicks, but those are her pictures and I won't do that without permission from her. Maybe she'll post them soon.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by