*Cynthia* I candled last night!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by herechickchick, Oct 23, 2007.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Well I candled my second batch of eggs from Cynthia (Speckled hen) and all are growing beautifully except Mandy's egg, the Blue Orp. egg and wait, ALERT THE PRESS, Miranda's eggs (Bless her heart, she tries so hard).

Keep ya posted, Adam

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Good luck with your hatch! Eventually everyone is going to have Speckled hen's eggs. I couldn't resist as well.

3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:I agree! They are wonderful and Cynthia is so nice and helpful as well as a great cheerleader!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I was just wondering about your bunch Adam. We all know about poor Miranda now; at least no one will be wasting their time on hers anymore, poor baby. Wonder what is really wrong with her, though, to have fertile eggs that just will not develop. If I'd only known before I sent you that few of hers.. oh, well, water under the bridge.

So, Lexie's and Carolines are growing! Yippeee! Hmm, wonder about Skye's though. I sure hope I'm not looking at an issue with her. I did another fluff trim on her after I sent that one to you, so maybe it helped if that was even an issue. I incubated her very first two eggs here and they did start to develop, but didn't continue past a couple of days-probably just her system getting in gear or something. Oh, well, by the time you get your third set of eggs, Velvet ought to be laying and hers are great.
    Keep us posted!

5. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    I'm not too crazy about standards but I think I'm gonna have to get some of Cyn's eggs just so I won't be one of the few oddballs.
    I feel so left out!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, what interesting standards to get started on, especially if you tend to like the little guys! They are big birds right from the start, as Adam can attest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by