Cynthia I have a new baby!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by herechickchick, Feb 21, 2008.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    So today is day 21, well last night at about 11:30 an eager little barred rock baby popped out of his/her shell! So far no more pips that I can see but it is still early on day 21. I will keep you posted.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Whose baby??

4. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Mandy

5. speckledhen

Yippee! I have one from Miss Amanda myself, but a boy, alas. Hope yours is a pretty little pullet. Mandy has very nice barring.

6. speckledhen

Adam, when are you going to have that computer at home and not have to borrow your neighbor's? We want an update! Any more babies out yet? My fingernails are gone now.

7. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I have one very light blue ( [​IMG] Splash) Amer. and 2 more on the way now (all Silvers). I am about to go home and check again. Nothing more from the BR or the lone Blue Orpington but there is still time. Can you post pics. of a BR baby girl and boy? I want to see if I can identify mine, its a big chick! My new computer is my parents old one. I can get it anytime but Comcast said it will be 4-6 weeks before they can get out to put the wireless internet in. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Adam, sorry to say that the Ameraucana baby has to be blue. Cant get a splash from a Blue x Black, but I had one that looked like a splash and she feathered out a beautifully laced medium blue. Yes, I have a pic of a boy and girl BR. To show the differences in the sexes of Barred Rock chicks, here are some, first boys:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, the girls. In the first pic, the one my fingers are pointing toward is a pullet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In this pic, brother and sister, with brother outside the door, sitting on the ramp:
    [​IMG]

9. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I am not sure but I may have a boy. Oh well I know just who to contact, They were wanting a sweet rooster for their laying flock! [​IMG] Darn no splash, I have got to remember the blue rules!

10. speckledhen

Just remember that Lexie had a larger headspot than most pullets so they don't always read the breed manual. Here are pics of Lexie and Ivy, Lex is on the left in each photo. See her headspot? They were two weeks old at that point.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by