1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cynthia I have a pip on Velvet's egg

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by scgamecock, May 7, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

WooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    and a cheep cheep [​IMG]

4. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I see a beak. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Come on chicke!

7. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Still no chick but I believe it's too dark to be a splash.He has a pretty good hole in the shell but he's not out yet.I also have 2 more pips on Jab's eggs from Michigan.

8. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I have 3 chicks this morning.One Blue Orp, at least I think it's blue.He's still real wet and he's either a real dark blue or black.Definately not splash.I guess I'll have to wait til I get home to see what else is happening.

9. speckledhen

Marlon, what's happening now? Surely you are home from work now, LOL. Anymore babies?

10. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Sadly I only have 1 Blue Orp that has hatched. [​IMG] I don't have anymore pips but I do have another that is cheeping at me in the egg.Maybe I will get a couple of more so we will see.Day 21 ends tonight so there's still a little time left.BTW I have only 2 hatched from the mixed breeds that I got from Julie in Michigan.Both of them are black and if I didn't know any I would say they are Black Orps. [​IMG] I know she said the main flock roo was a Blue Orp but she doesn't have any hens but Buff so I was hoping for one of those.This hatch for some reason has not been to promising from the start for some reason.I didn't think the eggs were developing properly and I maybe right.Oh well I'm thankful for what I get and if at first you don't succeed then try again.Here he is with the two Black one's in the back.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by