Cynthia my ameraucana girl laid her first egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Poison Ivy, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    It's a beautiful pale green color. I was so excited I had to tell everyone. Hubby thought I was crazy! I kept repeating over and over she laid a green egg!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. CoopDelisle

CoopDelisle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Gulf Coast
    Oh man, that makes me excited! I have eight EE's (well, one is a roo and I think two) and so I can't wait to see what colors of eggs we get! Still have a couple months to wonder..

3. CoopDelisle

CoopDelisle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Gulf Coast
    Oh, just realized I am not Cynthia, but I got excited just the same [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This is one from my birds? Is it that time already?? Wow! Cool! I was wondering what color egg the grandchickies would lay. Charlotte lays sort of a pastel blue most of the time. Do you remember whose daughter she was, Silver's or Charlotte's?

5. Poison Ivy

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I know I've waited for 6 months now to get that egg! This is from one of my blue girls I was lucky on my last hatch to get 3 blue/silver girls. I also bought 4 ee's from the feed store for my daughter she likes the colored eggs. So we have those in the laying pen. My amerucana's are from Cynthia eggs just before she decided to sell off her birds. I can't wait to see if I get any from the other 2 girls tomorrow.

6. speckledhen

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Getting your first egg is such a cool feeling! [​IMG]

Congrats!

8. Poison Ivy

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I think the only ones hatched out was from Charlotte's eggs. I'm so happy I've waited so long for these girls to start laying. I have 2 set of eggs from different people in the bator so I can have different blood lines in my breeding pen. All blue/black ameraucana's so maybe I will be able to get that blue roo after all.

9. speckledhen

Well, congratulations, Twila. Charlotte is an excellent layer and I hope her daughter is just as good as she is. If so, you'll be very pleased with her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by