Cyst/abscess/tumor

Laurenbusk

Hatching
Apr 6, 2022
Help! My chicks are 4-5weeks old and my olive egger (who is ridiculously smaller than the rest... we think she’s a bantam of sorts) has a huge hard clearish lump on her lower back.... it is rock solid and doesn’t move. I’m a first timer here and have no idea what to do. She’s eating and drinking and behaving just fine.

Attachments

• B052DCFC-CF59-4515-99AA-D127FD249B12.jpeg
    B052DCFC-CF59-4515-99AA-D127FD249B12.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 11
Is this lump right at the base of the tail on the back? Centered precisely? If so, it's the preening gland.

Your photo does not show this lump. You may know what to look at, but the photo in 2D doesn't show us what you're seeing.

Is this lump right at the base of the tail on the back? Centered precisely? If so, it's the preening gland.

Your photo does not show this lump. You may know what to look at, but the photo in 2D doesn't show us what you're seeing.
It is slightly above the base of the tail and slightly to the right.

Keep an eye on it. If it stays about the same but you start to see a sort of "black head"in the center, it's peobably an inflamed feather follicle. If it grows larger and larger, and is rock hard, it's probably a tumor. If it doesn't grow much larger, but is medium soft, it's likely a harmless cyst.

Back
Top Bottom