1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cyst? Blister? Tumor?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Crisx08, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Crisx08

Crisx08 Just Hatched

Jun 4, 2016
    Yakima, WA
    [​IMG]

I noticed my almost 3 week old silkie limping today and noticed a bubble on her left leg.
    I'm really worried. What shoud I do? So far I sprayed the area with Vetericy.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Does her sore leg go out to the side or back when she stands? Those blisters can be common with a slipped tendon, but it might also be a sign of mycoplasma synovitis, a respiratory infection that affects the joints. Have you seen any respiratory disease or joint swelling in other birds? Google Poultry Pedia Podiatry, and scroll down "how to fix a slipped achilles tendon."

3. Crisx08

Crisx08 Just Hatched

Jun 4, 2016
    Yakima, WA
    I sprayed her with the vet rx stuff and it went away thankfully. I asked the chicken chick on fb and said it's nothing to worry about as long as I didn't fuss with it. Still have no idea what it was.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by