Cyst?

aarissilkiesmooth

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 13, 2011
Poulsbo, WA
I noticed tonight on my 1 month old chick a lump under the skin on it's chest. It is fairly good size, about 1" diameter and squishy; right at the surface yet under the skin. Hoping it is harmless and does not get any worse. If I do find myself needing to remove it, is there something I can use to "put the bird under" so I can make an incision to cut this out? Any other advice anyone might have, I'm open to suggestions.

I noticed tonight on my 1 month old chick a lump under the skin on it's chest. It is fairly good size, about 1" diameter and squishy; right at the surface yet under the skin. Hoping it is harmless and does not get any worse. If I do find myself needing to remove it, is there something I can use to "put the bird under" so I can make an incision to cut this out? Any other advice anyone might have, I'm open to suggestions.

Is it on the right side near the neck? If so it is probably the crop. (A pouch where food is stored)
Getting filled up and being soft is a good thing. They usually fill up during the day and empty at night. You should see it be gone in the morning.

Imp

Is it on the right side near the neck? If so it is probably the crop. (A pouch where food is stored)
Getting filled up and being soft is a good thing. They usually fill up during the day and empty at night. You should see it be gone in the morning.

Imp
Wye yes Russ, it is on the right side and near the neck. You are rockin awesome my friend, thank you so much for the info. I am not quite a year into my first year of raising birds and have much to learn. Again, I say thank you for your insight. I actually did not check this morning having just now had a chance to get to your message. As it is evening again, it is presently there. I will check in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom