D.B. Cooper...41 years ago today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Spookwriter, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Hi-jacked himself an airplane forty one years
    ago day and got clean away...

I know hi-jacking an airplane might be a bad
    ideal but I've always admired the story.

2. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    Spook... Hijacking the plane was the easy part compared to his jumping out the back at night in the mountains. If getting clean away means nobody ever found the body, then I guess he got clean away. He was most likely killed in those mountains and eaten by bears and such.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Funny how he's become a folk hero, isn't it?

Imp

4. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    If I was a gamblin man I'd say he drowned in the Columbia River but you never know.

5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I have always had an interest in this story. I always hoped that he survived. :/

6. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

I think we will never know, heard part of an interview ealier this year on npr on this and they believe he lived the jump and made it out of the wilderness but they where not 100% sure. I missed the name of the book and author/investigator but he was convinced he lived and made a life for himself afterwards.

7. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    I don't buy it. I am a little familiar about jumping out of airplanes and jumping out of the rear steps of a 727 in daylight under good conditions would be possible. But this was night time. The wind chill was -70 degrees and freezing rain. He had an inferior parachute and was dressed in a trench coal with loafers. I would be amazed if he even was able to get his chute open.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by