D.C. a mixed breed Rooster

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by blondiebee181, Nov 11, 2013.

1. blondiebee181

blondiebee181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Hey all. I just posted a thread in the "Animals in Need of Free Re-Homing" forum. I have a rooster of mixed breed that I took in from my grandma as a chick. She got them straight-run from a friend and after finding out that her dog had been killing the chicks, she reached out to me to take care of this little guy, not yet knowing its sex.
    His name is D.C. which is short for "Dumb Chick" because he was kind of a dork. He still is, but he is fairly friendly, is somewhat easy to catch and gets along fairly well with ducks and chickens. He is still young so he doesn't crow especially loudly yet and he is still growing in his young adult plumage. He has a lot to learn about being a rooster, but he is a sweet guy. Having a rooster in the city limits is illegal and he can't stay. Please give him a good home or pass this info on to anyone else who is interested. I live in Boise, Idaho and I can really only re-home him locally. Here is a pic.

2. blondiebee181

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Anyone?

3. blondiebee181

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    I'll understand if he becomes a tablebird...but I just don't have the heart to process birds myself.

4. JLfarm

JLfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2013
    Rayne lousiana
    Would you ship him ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by