1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

D&D got to spend some time in their new outside pen!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by peepsandquacks, May 16, 2011.

1. peepsandquacks

peepsandquacks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    It has been warm out, so I took them out with us while the kids played. I put them in their run I made by the bird house. I dont think they liked it, because they spent most of the time crying for me to come back.

I went and cleaned the guinnea pen, and realized I only heard one cry....so I ran over to the pen and only saw one duck!!!! I paniced and then my dog ran behind the bird house so I followed. There was Miss Daisy in the woods behind the bird house. She saw me and started crying while running towards me. This bird HATES being touched or picked up by me and will tear my arms apart, but she jumped into them so fast and was sooo happy to see me.

Apparently ducks are also half hamster, because she crawled through a small opening in the corner of the pen where it wasnt nailed down all the way. So I will be bird proofing the pen more this afternoon!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by