D'= I have a blister!! *sniff* any home remedies?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sixlittlechicks09, Jul 19, 2010.

1. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    [​IMG] I got a blister on the tip of my index finger today while I was playing my bass and I'm pretty much a huge baby. HA! Actually it's a pretty big and gross one, but it hasn't ripped yet (THANK GOODNESS, THOSE THINGS HURT!) Anyone have any home remedies for getting rid of blisters or for at least making them hurt less? [​IMG] The lovely BYC people here are usually super knowledgeable about these things, so I figured I'd ask! Happy chickening! [​IMG]

2. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Well I have never had a blister (as far as I can remember anyway, lol) BUT I do have a book called "Home Remedies" By the editors of Prevention Magazine. According to the book Listerine will dry out a blister. You moisten a cotten ball with listerine, and dab it on the blister 3xs oer day until it dries out and no longer hurts.

Another home remedy (according to my handy dandy book) is a sea salt solution. mix 1/4 cup of sea salt with 1/8 cup ice water; apply the mixture to a washcloth and wrap it around the blister for one hour. It doesn't say if you need to repeat this application or not.

Hmmm it also says "if your blister is itching and/or burning, use a little hemorroid-relieving cream Preparation H. The cream will not only ease the discomfort of a blister, but also add a protective coating."

I hope my book helps you out! Good luck! [​IMG]

3. Slinkytoys

Slinkytoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Black Forest
    I like to use New Skin in the bottle. It dries out the blister and coats it so you don't break it open. If it does open, just dab on some more of the New Skin. Works well when my dog splits open the end of his tail when he wags it against the wall too!
    Slinky

4. rnoyster

rnoyster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Conway, South Carolina
    To prevent the blister from happening again, try painting you fingertips with iodine. It will stain your fingertip, but it will also toughen you skin. After a while of using the iodine and you continuing to play your 'tar, you will develope a callous and will be able to stop with the iodine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by