D': One of my girls just died :( killed by a hawk

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Chick15, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I cannot stop crying. One of my hens was just killed by a hawk [​IMG] I miss her so so so so so so so so sooooooo much already.... we used to have 11 and now we have only 10 [​IMG] It was the first time i have ever had a pet die (except for 2 goldfish.... but they don't really count) I am just so sad, we had been so lucky with hawk attacks, not having any.... so lucky with any attacks actually, but now i guess our luck ran out [​IMG]

I HATE HAWKS [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    RIP.... I think my biggest regret was not naming you. I will name everyone else now [​IMG] I LOVE YOU!!!

2. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    The losses are hard. [​IMG]

3. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    I named her Beauty because she was really pretty and she had a beautiful personality, she was so outgoing

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I'm so sorry! She was beautiful..........[​IMG]

5. meusoc

meusoc Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2011
    Don't let it happen again! Break out some buck shot!

6. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I'm sorry & what a beautiful girl. Everyday I let them out I pray they all make it back. I hate hawks too. Do what you have to do to protect your animals is my motto.

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I'm so very sorry.[​IMG]

I haven't let my girls free range lately due to hawks. We have several in our backyard. My neighbor just had a hawk attack. I'm not letting them out until spring when the song birds migrate back.

8. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    I am so sorry for your loss. My girls free range in my backyard and yesterday about 4 in the afternoon I was out watching the girls and this big bird of prey ( I don't know what it was) came flying right over head. I have been seeing this bird in the greenbelt behind our house every so often but this is the first time it has flown over our deck. Now I have to lock my girls up every time I leave. I know he will be back. He looked white underneath. It happened so fast. I'm thinking a falcon of some sort. I think the birds are migrating right now.

9. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Quote:Those birds are protected. You can get in a lot of trouble if you shoot one.

10. gpwelding1

gpwelding1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2011
    upstate south carolina
    :(very sorry for your loss Chick15.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by