D & T Micro - Farm

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nertz, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Nertz

Nertz Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2014
    Hello,
    My name is Nathan my wife Michelle, my sons C.J. and Phoenix. And we are starting a Micro - farm, mainly to offset the cost of food.
    We are expecting our first little Buff's on the 4th of Sept. I am so excited to be getting them, I can hardly stand it.
    We live in the Cascade Mountains of Washington State so for this winter we have set up the coops next to the house for them. With heat lamps and all the goodies for them. Right after we decided to get the Buff's our son C.J. who has 5 BSL informed us that he wasn't going to be able to keep them. Sooo we said sure,we'll take them. So we went from having only 6 lady Buffs to include the 5 BSL's in our flock. Woo hoo!! Yeppers, still excited. In the spring we are going to expand with rabbits and hopefully some goats. Have I mentioned we are so excited. Hopefully, if everything goes alright, The spring of 2016 we will expand to a couple of piggies. To top it all off we will also be planting a 35' X 35' vegetable garden. And a fruit grove consisting of raspberries, blackberries and grapes. Yep, still excited!. We will be giving updates as we go.
    Thanks for having such a wonderful place to go for researching things we need to know. We have been reading your pages for the past few months, and the information we have gathered has made our decision to add livestock into the Micro farm we are starting alot easier.

Thanks again
    Nathan, Michelle, C.J. and Phoenix. D & T Micro - Farm

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]and welcome to BYC. Sounds like your micro farm is going to become a Maxi farm

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you will have a busy year, good luck with your farm!

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

Good luck with your chickens! The're such fun animals to have!

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you. Good luck with your birds!

8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Yes, you do sound egg-cited!

Good luck with your little farm and welcome to our flock!

9. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi and welcome to BYC...very "excited" to have you join! [​IMG]

You sound like we did about a year ago...big garden, chickens, then rabbits, then goats. We're still excited about our little farm too. It's hard work, but there isn't anything else we would rather do.

You and your family have fun, take lots of pictures and share your adventures with us, ok?

10. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You will love the Black Sex Links. I have raised them for many years (I still have them), and they are hardy and friendly, egg laying machines. Despite having had dozens of breeds, the BSLs have consistently been my best layers over the years, frequently giving me more than 300 eggs per hen per year. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by