Da**it, another chicken killer!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by secuono, Nov 27, 2010.

1. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    My Doberman killed my partridge silkie chick, my perfectly fluffed blue Silkie is missing!
    This is ridiculous....
    I have the little dog up for adoption again, the Doberman is going back on the trolly line...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Why I keep Dobermans..... They are SO smart & VERY trainable. Send him my way!

3. secuono

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    If you lived closer, I'd love to have you help me train him. ^.^
    He is easy to train, but, the little chicks escape the run. I'm sure he spooked them and they ran, he ran after them. That would be hard to control with me not there.

4. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    Is there any way to keep your little chicks from escaping the run? Put hardware cloth around the bottom so they can't escape, maybe? Can't really blame the dog if it hasn't been trained.

5. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    train your dogs... and your chickens... people forgot there's more than 1 species involved.

6. secuono

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    He 'was' trained, at least I thought so. But if they escape and run, prey drive is a difficult thing.
    They are crafty little things. I won't be making a 'real' run until spring. Now, they only have a netting run so they have room, but can't get eaten by hawks.
    I'm not really asking for advise, not meaning to sound rude. I was more or less needing to tell someone...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by