Dab blasted predators....

1livelychick

Songster
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
somad.gif
:mad: Did I mention how mad i am! I don't know if was a coyote or a fox. Found one of my sweet production girls out by the garden...she's alive and some how she escaped but her backside is pretty bad. Barkyard doctored her the best I could. cleaned her wounds, Started her on Antibiotics, baby asprin, eggs, catfood whatever I thought she would, eat then gave her some electrolytes. I have her in the bathroom, a/c running. She's in a kennel with all the creature comforts I could give her.
I guess this means no more free ranging for awhile. THey have a huge enclosed yard and still insist on going on the other side even if the grass is greener in the enclosed area!
I have my chickens to enjoy them. Lately I find myself all stressed on trying to keep them in one specific area. Thanks for listening. At least I am not posting about a loss. I hope she pulls though. She just talked away while I was taking care of her.

A fox grabbed 4 of mine this spring. It looks like he almost got another one a few weeks later- IN MY BARN!!! Feathers everywhere, I thought she was dead- but nope, just every tail feather pulled out!!

I hope your gal recovers!!

Thanks so much, everyone! She is still alive.
yippiechickie.gif
I gave her her meds, recleaned the area (man does it ever look terrible:sick) I feel for her. She was always called one of the production girls, but now I need to come up with a name! She keeps talking and bawking at me....she's eating and seemed perkier..I do hope she pulls through! I don't know if it's best to clean it twice a day or just in the am. Any suggestions? I initially used iodine solution not the scrub foamy stuff, straight iodine..this am I switched to the blue vet antibacterial rinse....I reapplied the triple antibiotic ointment.

Quote:
Leezy Beezy, they are so bold! This one was about 70 feet from my home! Now I'm worried about the couple oof chicks that stay in the barn hallway. I thought they would be safe...I guess I'll put them up too. I don't want to deal with anymore of these issues!

Back
Top Bottom