Dachshund versus Bantam Cochin roo !!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    My sweetheart Doxie...Sissy...(aptly named)...always thinks she wants to "get" the chickens. That is, until I let her into the "courtyard" where all of them are ranging. She runs around the outside of the fence barking at them..to which they pay NO attention.

The story changes once she's inside with me and realizes that they are all bigger than she is. Yesterday one of my mottled cochin roos (who is an absolute sweetheart) felt like she got too close to one of his hens and he squawked and flapped his wings at her. True to her nature she started yelping and ran inside one of the empty pens, thinking she was hiding. The roo went and stood in the doorway of the pen...just looking at her and daring her to take a step in his direction. Of course, I was LMAO while she whined and begged me to come rescue her. I finally made the roo move out of the way and she ran into my waiting arms.

We call her our little "chicken poke"...life can be hard and dangerous for "chicken pokes"...

2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Roo thought she was a nice and tasty sausage [​IMG]

3. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    you just gotta love those brave 'lil doxies [​IMG]

I can just see one of mine doing the same thing

4. Lostdog

Lostdog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. punkin

punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Little doxies do tend to think they are elephants - till they see an elephant [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by