dacjohns, what's the big idea?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by maplesky7, Nov 25, 2009.

1. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Stoppin by and droppin off your kittens on my front porch? [​IMG]

Well,
    dac, dacster, dacerelli....
    It sure was nice meeting you and your wife, who is absolutely warm and friendly and I love love love her.
    Henri who was born March 28th she says, is the most friendliest little cat I've known. For not knowing us he is a cozy snuggly purr machine. I adore loud purrs. He was ready to come right in the house even though you say he's never been in one. He hissed at our big dogs but who wouldn't hiss if a 71 and 100 lb. dog tried to sniff your butt when your what? 5 lbs maybe? He and fuzzball have made themselves right at home and we are certain he has learned to use the litter...he's been caught in the act... we haven't caught fuzzball yet. He is an awesome cat and doesn't mind all the handling a 3 yr. and 8 yr. old girl bestow upon him.

Now Fuzzball born about 2 months or so ago, has yet to warm up in the snuggly dept. but who can blame her? I mean, my 3 year old has claimed her. When she's not being held and snuggled with under some covers.... she likes to sit under the girls barbie house where the girls put some cat beds and hung toys and Fuzzball gets frisky and attacks the toys. When she's able to just walk around "unassisted" by children, she seems quite content and frisky and playful. She attacks her tail, the carpet, a blanket...and the cat toys. They really do like to eat, that you weren't kidding about. I have yet to hear her purr and I was trying my best to get her too but after all it was her first day and lots of things and smells to get used to. She is adorable. *update, she's chasing a fish toy on a string my 3 year old is running back and forth with on the porch and is acting crazy.

Today they jumped up on the table and peered into the kitchen window and so we put 2 of our other cats up on the other side of the window at the kitchen sink so everyone could get a looksy.

Yesterday we brought our male black cat, Trooper, in and held him and Henri was purring and trying to get close but Trooper was unsure of it all and let out a rowr, I've never heard from him before. ha ha. So what I intend to do is open the window with the screen in between for periods to let them get acquainted. It will take time but I know everyone will adjust.

My sister has yet to know that I do indeed have 2 kittens here after all and are waiting her approval to pick one. If she does decide to take one, that's great but if she doesn't... fine by us because as you can see, we are cat people and think they are both very nice kittens and would be happy with either or both. But since one of hers is coming near the end and she told me she's been having kitten fever. mwha ha ha... I gotcher kitten.... ha ha ha. I just emailed her about them. neener neener.

darn dac... i can't figure out how to post pics of your pics of fuzzball and Henri... my photobucket is just going to a blank screen I think because my computer is old and not updated maybe? Maybe you can when you find some time? Please? and Thank you. [​IMG]

And it would be just grand if you and your lovely wife could stay and chat a bit longer too next time.

hugs,
    gretch

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Kitties! Yeah Dac, we need pics, please. Congrats Maple! [​IMG]

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    what the heck did you do with Hammie?

what are those, ribbons or antlers?

4. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:they're floppy antlers.. [​IMG]

5. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    oooooh Hammie.... did you give him a treat after you tortured him?

6. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Okay now.... you absolutely CANNOT post threads about cutie pie new kittens without posting pictures of the actual kittens themselves. I'm sure there is a BYC rule about it somewhere. I'm just sayin'...

(Congrats on the new sweeties!)

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:But, of course! He'd settle for no less...

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:they're floppy antlers.. [​IMG]

Red, not to hijack Maple's thread, but that big pic in your thread charmed the boots off me!

Hi Mape! Dac's a sneaky character isn't he? Midnight kitten dump!

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Yeah, the word kitten needs to be followed by visual sweetness.

10. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    you'll all have to wait for dac... i can't figure it out... my photobucket used to say upload but now it doesn't? that area is blank... i don't get it.

i've got them on my computer but how do i get them from there to here? without being overly complicated...in 3 steps or less or you'll loose me. ha ha.

what big pic are you refering to of red's, Buff?

oh and the kittens are snuggling together and I got the little one to purr... it's soooo cute and loud too and fast and squeaky like a kitten....awwwwww.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by