Daddys Two New Ducks Girls Or Boys??????

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jynxster, Dec 10, 2011.

1. jynxster

jynxster Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

are these boys or girls? hummmmmmm

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Do they quack or sound like they have a cold?

3. Baylor

Baylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2011
    I dont see any curls in the tails I vote both girls.

4. jynxster

They dont really quack they were born on Oct 16th they peep or coo more than anything and they are constantly talking between themselves. I got them from a big flock , only had them two weeks looking at their tail feathers , I was told their tail feathers should curl up on the end if they are males. These are my first ducks have posted before here. hoping now these pics will help with me sexing them thanks.

5. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    It took a really long time for my drakes feather to curl. You should be able to tell from their voices before feathering.

6. jynxster

they're definately NOT QUACKERS like I said the peep or coo but definately no quack sound Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmso they are girls? I'm thinking of naming them after my two favorite aunts if they are girls the black and white one is a bit unruley and slightly agresive like my aunt DIXIE and the other more calm smooth sweeter disposition like aunt RUBY if they are boys I'd be embarassed with those names are all males LOL A friend has several pekin that are males 7 weeks, he will either kill for food or give away again they are males so should I only get one for the two girls?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  7. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    Have you tried picking one up & walking off with it?
    This often will force them to give a loud quack - the farther you get them away from one another the better.
    If, after you get a few hundred yards away, they are still peeping - you may have to wait until they are older.

By 6 weeks it was easy to tell who was who with this little test, though when together they only peeped - once separated they let loose.

Watch this:

And, good luck!

8. Aves

Aves Out Of The Brooder

I'm thinking both are drakes!

Aves

9. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    They could be both boys, they're a little young for the curl in the tail. But, if they're girls, they should be quacking by now or at least peep-quack or peeping really loud.

10. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    You have to drakes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by