Daily Egg Chart - Keeping track of egg quantities!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Layin Eggs, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Layin Eggs

Layin Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2007
    South Eastern, MA
    Well some of our 18 hens started to lay just over 2 weeks ago. I have been recording the number of eggs each day on a calender. I wanted something a little better than check marks on a calender so I through this chart together. i know there have been a few pepole asking about similar charts so I figured I would try and post what I have done.

I am only keeping track of quantity. i have too many to figure out who give me which egg on which day. I can easily figure out a total for each month this way.
    [​IMG]
    I used the same chart and just changed each month.

Unfortunately, Picture quality is not the best because I had to scan to my pc first.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  2. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Thats nice. I have something similar. But keep mine in a book... I just write down the month and day... then how many I collected. It sure is interesting to see the difference in numbers and days, and weeks go buy! Good Job!!! Tes

3. Layin Eggs

Layin Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2007
    South Eastern, MA
    yes, i am amazed already.

These are the number we have gotten so far

1, 0, 1, 2, 2, 1, 3, 2, 3, 2, 5, 5, 6, 5, 6, 10, 4

i was shocked with a big 10 yesterday...then only 4 today.
    Crazy [​IMG]

4. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    That means... from what I have noticed, you have 6 new layers, they lay one day then take a couple of days to a week. That 10 will be almost an everyday thing before you know it. Just remember... some hens take a day off LOL... Good Luck hunny.... I have a great time with mine especially when I see new ones laying.

oopppss.... may not be 6 new layers... but new layers none the less

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by