Chicken Photos Thread

Pics
Was your Sebright dumped, @uzisuzuki ? I can't believe someone would leave a bantam without food or shelter when they're so vulnerable. On the bright side, though, I'm glad you have him and that he's loved and cared for properly.
smile.png
You're so right, it's an incredibly lovely breed, with my favorite color variation being the silver.

@CherriesBrood , I DO need a ball of fluffy cuteness, otherwise known as a Faverolles, in my flock!
tongue.png

Lady P is amazing, @Rubyfox ! So regal, and those spangles are stunning.

@chickens102403 , Bruce has recovered wonderfully well, and I'm sure you are so proud of her. Such a strong girl!

-Alex

Okay, so here are some recent pictures of a few of my beloved little girls:
Bali still looks stunning while almost everyone else is going through a mini-molt!

Marseilles loving the shade of a pine tree.

Sweet Cookie staring at me through the coop window. Who could resist that sweet face?

Avalon in a state of relaxation while sunbathing in a stall.

Gorgeous Enya just now coming out of her molt, and not really looking like her usual self.

Arlene enjoying some time around one of the barns.

-Alex

You got an awesome flock! I barely have any body in my flock right now, they went to a new home, but I've already ordered 17 chicks including 6 bantams, all coming in February. Can't wait! :D

Thank you! I actually have 37 birds in my flock, with 10 more to come......
smile.png
It's so exciting to get new chicks, isn't it, @CherriesBrood ? I wish we could have bantams, but our flock of large fowl would be too much for the poor little things.

-Alex

Last edited:
@Alexandra33 Your birds are really pretty! :) Well, I'm not sure what was going on with him. He was incredibly well groomed & young looking, albeit thin, when he found me. I spent a week searching around to see if anyone lost him, but came up with nothing. I didn't mind taking care of him since he showed up about 1.5-2 weeks after I started walking without the surgery boots on my legs (was in a bad car accident), so he & then the pullets I bought for him became my physical therapy.

Last edited:
Thank you! I actually have 37 birds in my flock, with 10 more to come......:)  It's so exciting to get new chicks, isn't it, @CherriesBrood
 ? I wish we could have bantams, but our flock of large fowl would be too much for the poor little things.

-Alex

Yes! Every time it's just so exciting and every time it makes my chicken addiction worse! :lol: I have 9 currently, I used to have 22, but in order to get some breeds I really wanted I had to give some of my older birds away. My coop can only hold 29 birds, I sure wish I had your coop!

@Alexandra33 Your birds are really pretty! :) Well, I'm not sure what was going on with him. He was incredibly well groomed & young looking, albeit thin, when he found me. I spent a week searching around to see if anyone lost him, but came up with nothing. I didn't mind taking care of him since he showed up about 1.5-2 weeks after I started walking without the surgery boots on my legs (was in a bad car accident), so he & then the pullets I bought for him became my physical therapy.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. Chickens can help. They are fun and peaceable to watch scratching around outside! :)

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. Chickens can help. They are fun and peaceable to watch scratching around outside! :)

They helped me a lot since I couldn't afford physical therapy & my dogs are a little to enthusiastic sometimes. :D Also, having a routine has helped me with my brain injury a lot. After I discovered hatching, chickens also gave me something to focus on something positive during the bad weeks of my ongoing recovery

Here are a few pics from my little flock today! It was finally nice enough for everyone to leave their pens!

Arya (my little Scotty/Yokie mix) finally met the peacock that adopted me almost a year to the day from my car accident! I joke with my mom that for the 2yr anniversary, I'll probably have an emu adopt me. The birds keep getting bigger that end up at my house!

And then more of Mercury & Memnoch in my series of "Dramatic Chicken In Barn" series. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom