Daisy does NOT like Donald!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Annie75, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Annie75

Annie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    So I have three little feathered girls. Lulu the Silkie, Henny Penny the Isa Brown Hen and Daisy my Snowy Mallard. Daisy just started laying and I thought it was time she found love. Today I bought Donald. He's a 9 month old Mallard Drake. I brought him in and did the introductions.

Henny Penny promptly said 'what??' and pecked him on the head to let him know she's the boss in this henhouse. [​IMG]

Lulu started sulking because she thought Daisy was 'her' duck. [​IMG]

And Daisy....well Daisy quacked something about being no-one's concubine [​IMG] and promptly snuck out of the pen to go hang with her hens leaving poor Donald peering out from behind the wire at her with dopey love eyes. [​IMG]

I've put the chickens out and put Daisy back in to get acquainted with Donald. He's in love and she's...well....yelling (quacking)in at me to let her out! [​IMG]

How do you see this ending up? Will Daisy realise she is in fact a duck and not a hen? Will Donald win her over? I need Daisy to put out so we have little ducklings. Are there any duck love potions? [​IMG]

2. kkattt

kkattt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Haha this was such an entertaining post! Almost like a soap opera! I am sure in time they can find love! Good luck!! [​IMG]

3. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    [​IMG]
    She may or may not ever like him. My drakes don't seem to much care if the duck is interested or not. If they can knock them down, one thing leads to another. Your drake should be old enough but I would give it time. I did not raise my chickens and ducks together, so everyone knows who they are but I would just give it time so that everyone can get used to Donald. Because Daisy just started laying, you may not get feritilzed eggs at this time. Days are getting shorter so she may not lay for that long. You should get some ducklings eventually though.

4. LemonDoodles

LemonDoodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    haha! Funny!

5. ShuckyDuckyQuackQuack

ShuckyDuckyQuackQuack Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2011
    TX
    So Entertaining! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by